Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just when the catepiller thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

Hello all!

I know, long time no update. Things just got super busy this week. It seemed like I really wasn't pressed for time until this week when everything was due. And those who know me well know that I'm the Queen of Procrastination. It's a work in progress, lol. Things have been going pretty well clarinet wise, which I am thankful for! My etude this week has been a little hard because there are very large interval leaps that are quick. While I feel that I have the right setup and sound, I'm not sure that I have everything in control, because sometimes the intervals are not very smooth and connected especially from the throat tone notes to altissimo. With hard work and dedicated practice, I'm sure it'll get there soon.

This weekend is going to be pretty busy. The marching band I am interning with has a football game this Friday and then a competition at Ledford on Saturday. I think they'll do well and hopefully place! They've been working hard, it's just a matter of focus! Isn't that true with so many other aspects in life?

Tonight I am going to see my pumpkin play in the orchestra for the musical Ooooooooooklahoma! Even though he hasn't been feeling so great the past few days, he's been a trooper! But I do hope he gets to feeling 100% better soon!

So I wasn't going to watch Glee last night because I missed the first episode of the new season, but I saw they were going to sing Paramore's "The Only Exception" which is one of my absolute favorite songs. So I tuned in at the end and watched it. It was so good! It's such a powerful song.

Well, in just a bit here, it'll be time for me to go practice some more, have a CMENC meeting, Teaching Fellows seminar, dinner with the fam, then Oooooooooklahoma! But it's great...tomorrow morning I get to sleep in because there's no marching band tech class! Waaa-hoooooo! Good day, sunshine! Until the next blog!

Sneezy

No comments:

Post a Comment