Saturday, September 11, 2010

And through music my soul began to soar...

Tonight was the third Collage Concert by the School of Music, Theater, and Dance. This year, I got to actually play in the concert with the Clarinet Ensemble. We performed "Nimrod" from Elgar's Enigma Variations which is hands down my favorite piece of music. The whole concert was filled with wonderful music and excellent performers. There's something about hearing good music that just makes it feel like something is taking your soul and sending it flying up into the heavens. Music is truly magical. That's the great thing, you don't have to study music or be a musician to feel the power and healing of music.

Well, just a short post tonight. I'm looking forward to church tomorrow morning with my family and pumpkin! Church always helps me prepare for the busy week ahead. I love praising God through song! Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend! Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment