Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nothing special, just updating

Isn't today gorgeous outside? I'm really loving this weather! Now if only the music building could feel this good. I think I'll make it a point to complain how cold it is in there every time I update, hahaha. Marching band tech was a lot of fun this morning. I like the feel of that class, because it's more like a discussion then just someone lecturing at us. And Mrs. Wagoner tells a lot of funny stories! Today she was telling us about an African piece they did where the band actually sang. She said, "we couldn't understand the words they were saying on the CD recording, so we made up our own Swahili words!" Hahaha! It's always motivational to hear stories like that, reminding you that teaching is fun and sometimes you end up teaching other things and learning things yourself. I'm really excited about teaching even though I feel like I have so much more to learn. I guess I'll figure it out along the way!



Speaking of things to learn, I got out my euphonium to practice today since we have a playing test on Friday. I think I've been doing pretty good, not great, but not bad either. Well, this morning I played for one of my trumpet friends and this horrid noise came out that I've never heard before. He said I was "double buzzing." Weirdness. I hope I can remedy that before Friday. Perhaps my pumpkin or Adam can help me before then! It may have had to do with the fact that I had just played clarinet for an hour! My clarinet playing is getting back into good shape I believe. I just have to remember not to hold back the voicing especially in the upper register. Maybe one day I'll master the thing ;)



I'm really looking forward to this weekend! My pumpkin and I are going to see a movie and hang out with friends Friday, and then we're going to a wedding the next day! I enjoy weddings, as do most girls I suppose, lol. I just love seeing two people celebrating their love and starting out on their journey together. It's a great experience to share in.



It's just about time for me to head up and meet my pumpkin for lunch! I love spending time with him! He always makes me smile! Well, I hope everyone enjoyed this post, hahaha. Until there's something else to blog about!


No comments:

Post a Comment