Thursday, September 23, 2010

You are always been a fine fig!

So just when things don't go your way, and things seem hopeless, the Lord smiles down on you and things get better! I had a great lesson today! After some serious thoughts and practice in the practice rooms (and fervent prayer) this past week, things are clicking together! And in my lesson we discovered the key things I was missing to take my sound from good to sparkling.

What's difficult about playing an instrument, especially one that you blow air into, is that what you hear is not really what others hear. The sound is vibrating through your bones which sounds different than what it sounds like to someone sitting across from you. I had to remember what that "sound" sounded like. I pretty much got it back on my own in the practice room this past week and my teacher could tell. Two things said in my lesson made it really work though......open the space in my mouth and jaw forward. Two basic, fundamental things, but it was all I needed to get me back to where I was. Now to make this consistent, and I'll be set!

My two big pieces this semester that I will probably play on my recital next semester are Bassi "Rigoletto" and Debussy's Premiere Rhapsody. The Debussy has been giving me the most trouble. Dr. Taylor said he's never worked with someone here on that piece where it hasn't been a semester long project. It's just note stuff for the most part. I don't know, I find it difficult sometimes to learn things just because it seems like my fingers can't find the notes. I guess I need to change how I practice parts like that.

Ah, it feels good to feel satisfied after a lesson. It makes my day so much better! This weekend, I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family, as we are having our annual fall family get together on Saturday. Good times. Yesterday, my lovely wee sister took pictures of me and my pumpkin with her awesome new professional-ish camera. It was a lot of fun, and the pictures came out great! My pumpkin was really sweet to do that with me!

So the Charlie Brown Christmas cd just came up on my iTunes playing "The Christmas Song." I decided not to skip it, and now I'm really in the Christmas spirit! Hahahaha, yeah, it's a little early for that right now. Well, that's all for today little hauney baunnies. Enjoy the day!

Sneezy

No comments:

Post a Comment