Thursday, September 2, 2010

And today you know that's good enough for me

As we all start to already get bogged down with school work, practicing, trying to maintain a social life, and keep up with family, I am reminded of a song that reminds me what I should truly be thankful for.

"I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews

So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive, and well

I'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I'm alive

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive, and well
I'm alive, and well

Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul, when there's not a soul in sight
This boat has caught it's wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive, and well

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive, and well
Now I'm alive, and well

Just as the song says, I'm alive, and well, and today that's good enough for me. It's so easy to just settle and say oh, well life's hard and now my day isn't going to be great. What? That doesn't make sense. As cliche as it might be, think about your life in comparison to most and realize how good you have things. Life can always be much worse.

Hopefully the next time you're feeling down, you'll remember this song. And perhaps just meditating these words can change your attitude...and who knows.....even your day!

2 comments:

  1. I think sometimes the fact that life is hard is what makes life great. If it weren't such a challenge for us to live, then what would be the point in living?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. But I think it's more saying that we shouldn't become put down by the challenges that life brings us. Rather see them as something that can propel us forward. It's all about looking at things in a positive way and remembering what you should truly be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete