Thursday, November 25, 2010

"Gobble Gobble" Means "Happy Thanksgiving" in Turkey!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


I'm so glad we have a day set aside to be with family and/or friends and remind ourselves what we are thankful for. Sometimes we don't take the time to think of all the ways we've been blessed throughout the year. I know personally, I should thank God much more everyday for all the blessings his given me. So in honor of this day, I'd like to make a list of the some of the things I'm thankful for (I'm sure I won't think of everything!).


Firstly, I am thankful for my family who have raised me, stood by me, and have always supported me for the past 20 years. They are the reason I am the person I am today. My parents have set such an example for me to live by. My little babe shew has been the best sister one could ask for. I don't know what I would have done without her at times.


Someone I am especially thankful for this Thanksgiving is my wonderful boyfriend, Drew. He is such an amazing person. I am constantly blown away with the love and kindness he shows me and others everyday and how he is always there for me. He inspires me to be a better person each day. He is truly my best friend. I love how we can laugh and play with each other, but I can always go to him and talk about more serious things. I smile each day just thinking about the things we can share together and grow closer to each other. I love you pumpkin!


To all my friends, I am truly thankful. Without some of my friends, I don't know how I would have made it, especially in college. All of the fun times at lunch, helping each other with homework, and just being there as a soundboard for all the things frustrating us has helped me more than they'll ever know. I appreciate all my friends for giving me the opportunity to learn about people and experience things that have helped shape me as a person. You guys are great!


I am thankful for music. Music has been a constant in my life and has helped me connect with myself and others. It is my passion, especially when you combine teaching with that. I'm thankful that I am able to go to college and be in such an incredible music program that will allow me to one day teach music to children.


There are so many things I am thankful for; food on my table for every meal and then some, a safe living environment, having things that I want but didn't really need, medical care, and having people protecting our country both overseas and right here at home. I'm sure there's so much more I'm leaving out.


I encourage everyone to think about the things they are thankful for tell them to God and to the ones you love. We take so many things for granted, but we aren't guaranteed the life we have tomorrow. It's important to appreciate each day.


I'm looking forward to this weekend of shopping and getting the Christmas decorations out! It's my favorite time of the year! I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment