Monday, December 6, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

And so it is Reading Day. More like Jury Day to all of us music majors. I had my jury this morning at 10. I felt like it went ok, my piece was definitely the best part of it. I feel a sense of relief that it's over, but also dread of what Dr. Taylor will tell me in my post-jury appointment. I really never know how things went until that meeting. We'll see. Hopefully I don't have much to worry about. The exciting part is, this is my last reading day jury! The next two will be recital juries! Ahhhhh!

It is very cold outside today! I dread having to walk back to the music building in it. Brrrrrr. My new earmuffs kept my ears nice and warm though! I'm just spending my time inside relaxing and preparing for Christmas. I'm in the process of writing some Christmas cards at the moment. I'm not too worried about my exams. Tomorrow I have a conducting exam which should go fine. The other two are not really exams. For brass methods I have to arrange a 5-part brass chorale, which should be fairly easy since I'm pretty good with transposition. For marching band techniques we are presenting our show design projects. I just need to sit down and get all of that taken care of. So not too bad. I woke up this morning praising that I don't have any more ear training finals! I've paid my dues.....

Tonight, my roomies and I are going to have our Christmas and exchange gifts. It will be a lot of fun. I love this time of year. I'm really looking forward to the time I'm going to get to spend with my family and Drew and his family.

I hope everyone stays warm today and the rest of the week! Good luck on finals! Drink some hot chocolate!

Sneezy

No comments:

Post a Comment