Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"It don't matter what'll come to be, our love is all we need to make it through"

"When you love someone, they're a part of you. It's like you're attached by this invisible tether and no matter how far away you are, you can always feel them."

That was part of Sue's speech during her sister's funeral on last night's Glee episode. It was really heart touching to hear the words. It made me think a lot about the ones I love....those with me in the flesh and those who have moved on to a better place.

But my pumpkin's blog and our conversation this morning got me to thinking about it more. About my love for him. Sorry if no one wants to hear this....but I'm mainly writing this for him :). I remember it only took a few conversations with him to make me feel like I was tethered to him. I've never felt that way about anyone else. He makes me feel like no one else has. I look into his eyes and it's like everything else disappears. He's only looking at me, only thinking about me, and I feel myself melt.

I'm pretty sure he knows my love for him :). We tell each other everyday in different ways. The reason I'm writing this blog is because after this summer, he is moving away to Iowa. I've cried a lot thinking about how he won't be just a few minutes drive away, how I won't be able to hold his hand, hug him, or kiss him whenever I want. We won't even be in the same time zone. And I know he feels the same way. We constantly get asked by people, "What are you two going to do when Drew goes to Iowa?" People don't put faith in long distance relationships. But I'm not putting my faith in a long distance relationship. I'm putting my faith and my love in Drew and our love. It doesn't matter where he is. Just like that statement in Glee, we attached by an invisible tether, and even when I can't be with him, he's always there. I can always feel him in my heart.

I know my pumpkin stays strong about this for me. But I know he's feeling the same worry and sadness about leaving. And he has much more to worry about than I do. I wanted to write this out for him to read, to remind him that no matter what, I'm going to be here for him. We've already planned out ways we will stay connected to each other during this absence (and I have a few surprises planned :D). I have no doubts about our relationship. I look forward as using this as a way to strengthen our love and our relationship. God placed us together, and something inside me just tells me this is for real. I love Drew with all my heart.

I'll close with an anonymous quote that perfectly describes my love for Drew:

"I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak in the knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."

No comments:

Post a Comment